"A really useful, relevant and well delivered course. It gives structure and a lot of practical tips to make the most of the press." Sara Miller, Change Manager, BT
Media coverage = sales: how journalists can boost your business
Open course or in-house training
Hendrix Training and The Sentence Works have joined forces to offer a unique course.
This full-day workshop is ideal for business owners/managers and marketing professionals
You will learn:
How and why to build relationships with journalists
- Who to speak to, how to approach reporters and what they want from you.
- How to write press releases and emails that catch the journalist’s attention
- Pitching your story: the dos and don’ts
- A chance to work on your own press release with immediate feedback from professional journalists
The power of storytelling
- What makes a good story and why should people care about your business?
- How to tailor your story for different audiences
- Making the most of every media opportunity
- The importance of preparation
- Building your confidence to control the interview
- How to deal with difficult questions
- Getting your core messages across
- Take part in a real interview and receive immediate feedback and advice
About the trainers: Steve Hemsley is a very experienced media trainer and journalist. He has coached executives from Footsie 100 businesses, SMEs and start-ups as well as entrepreneurs. He is still a working journalist, freelancing for the national and local media.
Judy Yorke has been a journalist since 1989, working in the business press, regional press, consumer magazines and as a freelance for national papers. She is a qualified trainer and her company, The Sentence Works, trains businesses to think and write like journalists.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01273 541862.
What they say:
"The course was engaging, informative and so relevant and reliable to all businesses and job roles. I would absolutely recommend this course." Aimee Beth, Business Support Apprentice, Skills Funding Agency
"An insightful course run by two experts in their field. The whole course was relevant from interviews to press releases. 10/10+++" Laura Brookes, Partnership Development Officer, Health Education England (NHS)
"Fun and informative. Demystified the role of the journalist. Left feeling confident that my press releases will improve and that I'll be less fazed by interviews." Mark Read, MD, Whizzle
Excellent introduction to dealing with the media. Provided a structured approach to coming up with a message to get your point(s) across. Most relevant was preparation for interviews and bridging from positives to negatives." Nicholas Fowler, head of external training and skills, Bouygues